Saturday, September 3, 2022

Global Design Project & Stampin' Up! Vintage Tools Stamp Set

Check out the sketch for this weeks' challenge.


I actually made TWO cards, not knowing which to use to submit for this challenge.  I'll show both cards and hopefully you can tell me which you like best.

This is the card I submitted for Global Design Project #358.
I began with Stampin' Up! Starry Sky cardstock for my card base.  The next layer is Basic White cardstock and finally, the top layer is from Rings of Love DSP.

The same DSP was used on the envelope flap as well.  Rustic Metallic Dots were places around the image.

Using the Brushed Shapes Dies, I die cut the oval twice, once in Starry Sky and once in Basic White, then mixed them.  I didn't want the Starry Sky cardstock for the center as I wanted the tool image from Stampin' Up! Vintage Tools stamp set to show clearly (this was stamped using Memento ink and fussy cut).   The sentiment was stamped with Starry Sky ink and adhered with dimensionals.

Inside the card was kept simple, using the pretty DSP as the background with Basic White layer.  I stamped the image using Memento ink.


Here is the second card I made using the same sketch above.
The card base is Basic White cardstock, layered with Basic Black and Stampin' Up! Perfectly Penciled DSP for the final layer.


Love this DSP for the envelope flap!  So striking and eye-catching!

I did stamp the nails image on my first card, but it doesn't show as well as on this card.

The inside of my card is layered with DSP and Basic White.


Here are the two cards side by side.
Which do you like best?  Let me know in the comments below.




Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
I hope you enjoyed my cards.


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.

***********************************************

October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register.

World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!


Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!
Remember, you must register to play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.