Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Stampin' Up! Perched in a Tree Kindness Card


It's a Theme Challenge... for the birds!



Of course I had to use the Stampin' Up! Perched in a Tree bundle along with the Natural Prints Dies for the wreath.

I chose Basic White cardstock for my card base with Garden Green as the next layer followed by Gingham Cottage DSP, which was also used on the envelope flap.

I decided to bring in a wreath from the Natural Prints Dies, rather than use the tree branch from the bundle.  This was die cut with Garden Green cardstock.

The sentiment was stamped using Memento ink on Mint Macaron cardstock.  Another layer of Garden Green cardstock was added under the sentiment so it would stand out a bit more and adhered with dimensionals.

For the bird, first I stamped the image with Memento ink, and I wasn't sure of which colors to use, so I just played along with these colors with my Water Painters... Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake and Cinnamon Cider inks.  It's a different combination, but I think I'm satisfied with how it turned out.  This cute bird was adhered with dimensionals.  Two of the leaves were tucked under the bird and one over the bird with a dimensional.  Linen Thread was looped several time and adhered under the Mint Macaron leaf.

The leaves were die cut from Pumpkin Pie, Mint Macaron & Crushed Curry cardstock and using my sponge daubers with Soft Suede ink, lightly inked the edges and randomly on each leaf.  The Stampin' Up! Sequins & Gems are the embellishments (sequins only) on the wreath and around the sentiment.

Here's a closer look at the wreath with several sequins.

Inside the card is DSP and Basic White.  I stamped the dotted image with Crushed Curry ink and added another leaf die cut with Soft Suede cardstock.



Thanks so much for stopping by today.


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


***********************************************

There's still time to register!


October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register (but it is not required)

World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!


Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.