Friday, September 16, 2022

Stampin' Up! Gingham Cottage Hello Card


Optional Theme: Harvest


This is what I came up with after struggling with which stamp set to use!
Do you ever struggle with, "WHAT STAMP SET WILL I USE?"
Really tho, the struggle is REAL!

I finally decided to use the Stampin' Up! Hello Harvest stamps & Rustic Pumpkin Dies along with Gingham Cottage DSP.

My card base is Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  The next layer is Very Vanilla cardstock which was embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.  Then I decided to cut down that piece and the embossing doesn't show.  Oh well.

I'm really lovin' the Stampin' Up! Gingham Cottage DSP.  There are so many different colors of papers to play with!
The yellow strip is actually two strips together.  I didn't want the white to show from the DSP, so I cut strips and adhered them together on the card.  I used Natural Woven Ribbon across the center of them to "hide the seam."  I used Linen Thread to tie knots in two places around the Ribbon, just for added interest.

The pretty DSP was also added on the Very Vanilla envelope flap.

Rustic Metallic Dots embellishments were added to finish off the card.

The tiny sunflowers were stamped with Memento ink and colored using Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends markers.  One was added just below the sentiment.  The sentiment was stamped using Mossy Meadow ink.
The hexagon was die cut using Stampin' Up! Beautiful Shapes Dies and adhered with dimensionals.
The leaves were stamped using Pumpkin Pie, Mossy Meadow and Crushed Curry inks, die cut and tucked under the pumpkin.

Three tiny sunflowers were adhered inside the card.  I used DSP as the first layer with the final layer in Very Vanilla.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


***********************************************

There's still time to register!


October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register.

World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!


Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!
Remember, you must register to play along!


4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Polly! Love that fun pumpkin, and that treatment of the woven ribbon is amazing! I'm so going to try this on my wider ribbons, I sometimes have a hard time using those! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! So glad I could inspire you! :)

      Delete
  2. Very cute and I really like your knots that you tied into the ribbon for added interest - it makes it stand out. Great use of the DSP on the envie flap too. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.