Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Stampin' Up! Fresh Cut Flowers Sketch Challenge




I knew I wanted to do something different with this sketch and I also knew I didn't want to use the Stampin' Up! Dots & Spots Die.  Why?  I'm not sure.  I just wanted to create something new.
This is what I came up with and I hope you like it.

Well, I didn't plan on a monochromatic card... but here it is!

I started with the card base in Shaded Spruce.  The next layer on the card front is Soft Sea Foam cardstock.  Then I used the Stampin' Up! Pretty Prints DSP.  The strip of cardstock is Shaded Spruce, which I embossed using the Elegant Eucalyptus 3D Embossing Folder.

I also used this beautiful DSP on the envelope flap.  Whoever receives this card will see this beautiful paper first!

To create my background, I used the larger die from the Stampin' Up! Organic Beauty Dies.

Before I get to how I created my background, let's check out how I created the flower.  Using the Stampin' Up! Fresh Cut Flowers stamp set and the Fresh Cut Stems Dies, I stamped the image using Shaded Spruce ink onto DSP.  I knew this would be too flimsy to just add dimensionals on the back, so, using Evening Evergreen ink, I stamped the flower image again onto Evening Evergreen cardstock and die cut.  Then I overlapped it to create sort of a shadow effect.  You can see it better in the next photos.  Then I was able to adhere it with dimensionals.

The sentiment used is from the Stampin' Up! Happiness Abounds stamp set, stamped using Evening Evergreen ink on Soft Sea Foam cardstock and adhered with dimensionals.

I wrapped Linen Thread around several times and adhered under the flower image.

For the background, I really didn't want to use the large die from the Organic Beauty Dies, so, after using that die cut, I saw all those diamond shapes and had an idea!
I cut the die cut piece to fit my card and adhered it in place using sticky tape.  Then I gathered all the diamonds and adhered them in the spaces with liquid adhesive.  When I was satisfied I had enough of the added diamond shapes, I simply pulled off the die cut, leaving only the diamonds!  I loved how it turned out!

Here, you can see the "shadow" effect better.  
Brushed Metallic Dots are the embellishments.

For inside my card I used DSP and layered with Soft Sea Foam cardstock.  The image was stamped off, for a lighter image inside the card.



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


***********************************************

There's still time to register!


October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register.

World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!


Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!
Remember, you must register to play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.