Sunday, September 11, 2022

Stampin' Up! Perched in a Tree Kindness Card



Don't you love these Fall colors for this color palette?

The Stampin' Up! colors I chose to match as closely as I could are: Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Merry Merlot.

I used Merry Merlot cardstock as my card base and the next layer is Old Olive cardstock which was die cut using the Aspen Trees Dies then embossed with Stampin' Up! Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.

To create the background on Basic White cardstock, I used Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Merry Merlot inks with blending brushes.  I started with the Crushed Curry, then added Pumpkin Pie and finally Merry Merlot to create this fun background.
I also used this technique on the envelope flap as well.
The embellishments are Champagne Rhinestones Basic Jewels.

The die cut leaves were folded in half for some dimension and only adhered with liquid adhesive on one folded side.  I used the blending brushes with the leftover inks on them to brush the leaves along the edges and the tops.
The tree branch was adhered with liquid adhesive only along the left side and mini dimensionals added along the rest of the branch.  
Linen Thread was wrapped several times and added under the tree branch.

The bird was stamped on Stampin' Up! Shimmery White cardstock and stamped with StazOn ink.  The stamp pads were squeezed in the center to add some ink on the inside of the cover.  The water painters were used to add water and blend together.  The bird was colored with Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Merry Merlot inks.  I love that the Merry Merlot didn't turn out as dark as the cardstock, which I thought gave my bird a really cool color!
Using the water painters I colored the bird until I had the desired colors and blends, putting darker ink along the edges under the wing.
The tree branch was colored with Light Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Blends marker.
The bird was adhered with dimensionals.

Inside my card is simply a layer of Basic White cardstock with a leaf that was brushed with the blending brushes and added the same way as the others, with liquid adhesive only on one side of the center fold.

The banner for the sentiment of Basic White cardstock was also colored with blending brushes before stamping with Merry Merlot and adhering with dimensionals.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you enjoyed my card.


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! You have so much great detail in this creation!! Fantastic take on our color combo!! Thanks for playing along with our AUTUMN RAYS color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a beautiful color palette! :)

      Delete
  2. So cute, Polly, I love this little bird! These dies are so fun - it all looks wonderful in our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fall themed card! I love your blended background and matching envelope. Your bird just pops off the card with the vibrant colors. Thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.