Monday, September 19, 2022

Stampin' Up! Kindest Gnomes Sketch Challenge Card




I originally made two totally different cards using different stamps sets and DSP, but I really liked this one the best and decided to submit this one for the challenge.
And the new technique I tried is way too fun!

Using the Stampin' Up! Kindest Gnomes Stamps & Dies, I created this fun card.  The card base is Tahitian Tide layered with Parakeet Party (two of the NEW Stampin' Up! In Colors).

The fun Gnome image was stamped with Memento ink onto the front of the envelope as well as the envelope flap.
The cute little Gnome on the card was also stamped using Memento ink and colored with Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party & Sweet Sorbet Stampin' Blends (and his face with the Ivory color), die cut and adhered with dimensionals.
The sentiment was also adhered with dimensionals.

The embellishments are Rhinestones Basic Jewels, colored with Dark Tahitian Tide Stampin' Blends.
The background was embossed with the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder.
Linen Thread was wrapped around the card and tied in a bow along the left side.

To create the cool colorful vellum, I simply colored the vellum randomly using Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party & Sweet Sorbet Stampin' Blends markers.  Next, with 99.9% rubbing alcohol and a craft paint brush, I dripped large spots of the alcohol onto the colored vellum.  I let it "do it's thing" spreading out and creating super cool shapes.  Using the heat tool, I dried it.  Next, I dipped the brush in rubbing alcohol again and tapped the brush onto my finger to create smaller spots onto the vellum.  Then watch what happens.  Another cool effect!  I dried it and for the third time, splattered more alcohol onto the vellum and dried with the heat tool.  It dries really quick.
If you don't like how it looks, like with my first try at this technique, I tried it a second time, coloring more spaces on the vellum.  And repeated the process.
I die cut the hexagons from both pieces of vellum for a varied effect.  This is why some of the hexagons have darker (or more) color than the others.

The vellum hexagons were die cut using the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Shapes Dies.

Inside the card is Parakeet Party and Basic White cardstock with the same image stamped in the lower corner.



Thanks so much for stopping by today.
I hope my card and fun technique inspires you to give it a try and see what you create!


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


***********************************************

There's still time to register!


October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register.

World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!


Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!
Remember, you must register to play along!


4 comments:

  1. How cute! Love the inky vellum for added interest, great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun technique on your hexagons, and of course gnome looks very cute. Thanks for playing along with our Just Add Ink sketch challenge.
    Di, JAI

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.