Sunday, September 4, 2022

Paradise Palms & Color Challenge


I love these colors together and had to play along!  But coming up with which stamp set to use was the biggest challenge for me!  I hope you like my card.



I got out my blending brushes and ink pads and blended Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry & Bermuda Bay in strips over Basic White cardstock.  I also carried over these colors onto my envelope flap.  I loved how it turned out!
The palm tree is from Stampin' Up! Paradise Palms stamp set and Palm Dies.

My card base is Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay cardstock with the next layer Calypso Coral cardstock.  After blending the colors on the Basic White cardstock, I embossed it with Into the Clouds Embossing Folder.

From the Stampin' Up! Organic Dies, I used the background diamond shaped single die and cut it up and adhered with liquid adhesive on the right side of the card.
The sentiment was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink and using the Stylish Shapes Dies, cut out the sentiment and adhered with dimensionals. I used the 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds to add around the sentiment.  Linen Thread was wrapped around a couple times and adhered behind the sentiment.

You can't see it very well, but I did use the Artistic Mix Decorative Masks on the Rich Razzleberry cardstock before die cutting the palm tree.

The palm tree was adhered with liquid adhesive at the bottom portion and a single dimensional was added in the center of the palm tree, so it wasn't flat onto the card.

For inside my card, I decided to carry the colors from the front inside the card as well. The sentiment was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink and die cut.  I also stamped the palm tree image in the lower left.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.
I hope you enjoyed my card.


Fol
Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


***********************************************


October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register.

World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!


Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!
Remember, you must register to play along!


12 comments:

  1. Such pretty blending, Polly, and I LOVE that bold Razzleberry palm! So smart! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blended background - and the dies really make the card pop - thanks for playing with us at HSS this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I never thought of a beach/sunset scene with these colours, but it really worked. I also love that you took the time to decorate the inside and the envelope with the blending as well. Thanks for playing along at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job ink blending Polly! I really like how you combined the palm tree with the diamond shaped die. Thanks so much for joining the fun at hand stamped sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I just love the sunset scene you've created with this beautiful color combo! They blend together so wonderfully! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you blended the colors to create a perfect beach scene. Great take on our color challenge. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.