Thursday, September 8, 2022

Stampin' Up! Soft Seedlings Emboss Resist Technique Card



Fall is in the air... well almost!  It's still quite warm where I live, but I don't mind at all.

Here's my Fall card using the Stampin' Up! Soft Seedlings stamp set. I actually made two similar cards, but this is the card I'm entering into the challenge.
I used the emboss resist technique.

For the embossed resist technique I started with Basic White cardstock and using my blending brushes and three ink pads (Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay & Crushed Curry), simply colored the whole card with circles of the three inks.  When I was satisfied with the colors, I got out my Versamark ink and inked the leaf image from the Soft Seedlings stamp set, multiple times to cover the card.  I then used Clear Embossing Powder over the Versamark ink and heat embossed. Next I used Cherry Cobbler ink and with a blending brush, covered the whole card with a thick coat of ink.  Finally, I used a paper towel and brushed the ink off the embossed parts to create this stunning Fall card.

This technique is so versatile.  You can use so many different inks to create awesome backgrounds!  Why not experiment and make several different creations while you have all your supplies out!
That's what I did!  You can see my second card at the end of this post.

Using the Stampin' Up! Stylish Shapes Dies, I die cut one in Vellum and One in Bermuda Bay cardstock, overlapped them and adhered with dimensionals.  The embellishments are Brushed Metallic Dots.  The sentiment was stamped with Memento ink.

I wrapped Natural Woven Ribbon around the card and tied in a knot.  Linen Thread was doubled up and wrapped around the knot and tied in a bow.

Inside my card is Basic White cardstock with the leaf image stamped using Bermuda Bay ink.



******************************************************

And, I might as well show you the second card I made as well, using the same emboss resist technique, slightly different inks and card base.

For this background, I used these inks (Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry) and for the all-over ink color I chose Mossy Meadow ink, to create a whole different card.

Pumpkin Pie cardstock was used as my card base.  And the same ink color was used to stamp the leaf image on the front of the envelope as well as the envelope flap.  The image was stamped with Memento ink and die cut using the Stylish Shapes Dies and adhered with dimensionals over the Natural Woven Ribbon which was wrapped around the card and tied in a knot.  Adhesive-backed Sequins were added as embellishments.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

I hope I've inspired you to give the emboss resist technique a try.


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.
 

8 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, Polly! I LOVE the colors you used. The Bermuda Bay leaves on the inside are lovely. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of this technique. I also love the unexpected pop of Bermuda on the inside. Gorgeous card. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the bow. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Polly! Love how the colors just pop on both backgrounds. Wowza! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.