Saturday, October 1, 2022

Stampin' Up! Cottage Wreaths Grateful Card




These colors are all about Fall, for me anyhow.  After all, it is Fall weather... and it has cooled down too much for my liking, but that's Fall!

I even love the photo shown with the color combo.  That's a cool inspiration photo in itself.

The Stampin' Up! colors I used match pretty closely to the photo.  I used So Saffron, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie & Kraft.

I chose to use the Stampin' Up! Cottage Wreaths Stamps & Dies along with a couple other die sets and embossing folder, all mentioned below.

I began with the card base in Pacific Point cardstock, a nice bright color.  Kraft cardstock was added next and then my own DSP!

Yes, I created the background and also used the same technique on the envelope flap.  I love these colors together!

You may be wondering, "What technique did she use?"  
Well, it's the baby wipe technique.

I started with one baby wipe, folded in half.  You will want to protect your work surface.  Next, I added drops of Stampin' Up! Re-inkers in Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron & Pacific Point.
Now comes the super messy part!  But next time, I will get out my plastic gloves to protect my hands!  I still have blue ink on my fingers!
Anyhow, I then folded up the baby wipe several times and then simply swiped it on the cardstock.  You can go diagonally, straight across, up and down or even swirls.  Whatever you'd like to try, it will be your own creation and unique!

I used vertical lines for my card and horizontal lines for my envelope flap.

I used a strip of Pacific Point cardstock along the bottom of the card and created a border using the Basic Borders Dies.  It wasn't enough, so I embossed it using the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder.
The embellishments are Iridescent Pearls Jewels colored using So Saffron & Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends markers.

The wreath was stamped on Basic White cardstock using Pacific Point ink.  Embellishments were added in So Saffron on the wreath.  The bow was die cut in the same color.  The background behind the wreath is So Saffron cardstock die cut using Stampin' Up! Stylish Shapes Dies.

Inside the card was a simple leaf image stamped once and again for a lighter image using Pacific Point ink.



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

It's WORLD CARD MAKING DAY TODAY!
What are you making?
I hope you will be watching the Stampin' Up! live presentation.  Check out all the information at Stampinup.com.


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


2 comments:

  1. This is so festive and pretty, Polly! Thanks so much for joining us for the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.