Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Stampin' Up! Spooky Themed Card

Global Design Project Challenge #363.


I created a slimline card for this challenge, using the Stampin' Up! Scary Cute stamp set along with Grassy Grove Stamps (for the trees) and Black & White Designs DSP.

For my card base, I used Daffodil Delight cardstock.  The DSP is Stampin' Up! Black & White Designs, perfect for my card.  The zig zag background had a white background but I used Blending Brushes and ink pads to create a more "spooky" feel to my card.

First, I stamped the trees using Memento ink from the Grassy Grove stamp set.  Next I used Granny Apple Green, Memento ink and Daffodil Delight inks to create the background using Blending Brushes.

The three cute little Halloween trick-or-treaters were stamped with Memento ink, but since the images were not as dark as I liked, and I didn't use my Stamparatus, which I should have, I did the next best thing and colored over the images using Basic Black Stampin' Blends marker.  They were adhered with dimensionals.

Metallic Mesh Ribbon was wrapped around the card and tied in a knot.  The sentiment was stamped onto Basic White cardstock, die cut using Stylish Shapes Dies and I also added some color with Blending Brushes so the white didn't stand out so much.

I also created the same background as the front of my card onto the inside of my card, blending the colors the same as on the front of the card and stamped the sentiment and bats images with Memento ink.



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and I hope you enjoyed my "spooky" card.


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.