Sunday, October 2, 2022

Stampin' Up! Eclectic Garden Hello Card




Hello October!  Fall is certainly here!

I love decorating for Fall/Halloween and getting out all the pumpkins... and I have lots of pumpkins to decorate with for inside and outside.  Plus all the "real" pumpkins are fun to set out in front of the house too!

For this sketch I pulled out a stamp set that I haven't played with much, Stampin' Up! Eclectic Garden stamp set.

I began with the card base in Early Espresso.  The next layers were die cut using the Stampin' Up! Deckled Rectangles Dies in Vellum and Abigail Rose DSP.

The Abigail Rose DSP is so elegant with the variety of flowers in soft colors.  I thought the floral paper was perfect for the hummingbird image from the Eclectic Garden stamp set.
I also used the same DSP for the envelope flap.

The bird image was stamped on Basic White cardstock with Memento ink and colored with Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends.  The bird was adhered with dimensionals.

The sentiment (from the Warm Welcome stamp set) was stamped with Versamark ink on Vellum and heat embossed using Copper Embossing Powder.  The Vellum was then die cut using the Stylish Shapes Dies.  Because the Vellum is so light with the flowers showing through behind it, I die cut another banner using the white cardstock and adhered it to the back of the Vellum.

The circle was die cut from the Stampin' Up! Layering Circles Dies.
I chose the Brushed Metallic Dots embellishments and adhered around the sentiment.

Inside the card follows the same flow as the front of the card, using Vellum die cut from the Deckled Rectangles Dies and then Basic White layered on top with the image partially stamped in the lower corner.



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring on the bird and the background paper compliments everything so nicely!! What a perfect take on this sketch,Polly! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments! PS...I used to dream as a little girl that I had a best friend named Polly. I've never met anyone named Polly, so so far my best friend dream hasn't happened. Lol! Love your name! 💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Fun story, Jenny! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Love this so much, Polly, and I'm so thrilled to see this set out and about! Love your coloring of the bird, and your paper choices really sing! That deckled set is becoming my go to these days, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love all the textured layers and how you colored the bird. You created a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.