Thursday, October 6, 2022

Stampin' Up! Nuts About Squirrels Using Scraps Card




All paper crafters have scraps and I'm no different, as a long-time paper crafter.
This was my opportunity to use up just a tiny portion of my scraps!

I used the Stampin' Up! Nuts About Squirrels stamps and Fond of Autumn stamps along with Celebrate Everything DSP.

I began with Crushed Curry cardstock for my card base.  The background papers are from Celebrate Everything DSP, and cut into 1 1/2 x 6 inch strips then each strip was cut diagonally.  There are so many ways to create a background with scraps of paper!

I chose one DSP for the envelope flap.

The squirrel was stamped with Memento ink, Smoky Slate ink and fussy cut.  The acorns were colored with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede Stampin' Blends markers and die cut with Autumn Bouquet Dies.

The sentiment is from the Cottage Wreaths stamp set, stamped with Memento and die cut from Stylish Shapes Dies (one of my favorite set of dies).

Behind the squirrel is a die cut using Painted Labels Dies from Granny Apple Green cardstock.  One edge of the circle was cut and then adhered onto the strips of DSP.

Two of the acorns were adhered with liquid adhesive and the other with a dimensional.
Champagne Rhinestones Jewels add the finishing touches on my card.

This card can be vertical or horizontal, which makes it fun to create your card backgrounds.  How about trying these strips only on half of the card?

Inside the card is Basic White cardstock with two acorns added in the lower corner.



Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Let's use up those scraps!



Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.