Friday, October 28, 2022

Stampin' Up! Merriest Moments Card & "Bubble Burst" Technique




I guess it's safe to say that I'm in full swing with Christmas card making now.  And it's really hard to make Fall cards when I have Christmas cards on my brain... including which designs to create for mailing out mine own stack of cards by December 1st!

For this sketch, I chose to use the Stampin' Up! Merriest Moments and Christmas Banners bundles along with my own background creation using the "bubble burst" technique.

I began with the card base in Evening Evergreen cardstock.  The white strips are Stampin' Up! White Glimmer Paper.

The flowers were stamped using Real Red ink and the leaves in Garden Green ink.
The leaves are from the Christmas Banners bundle and die cut using Brushed Metallic cardstock and tucked under the leaves so only a portion of the stem of leaves stuck out.

The background was dotted using Garden Green ink before adhering the flowers and leaves.
The sentiment was stamped using Real Red and die cut using my favorite set of dies - Stylish Shapes Dies and adhered with dimensionals.  The embellishments are the red Festive Pearls.

This fun background was created by using 8-10 drops of Garden Green re-inker, a few drops of dish soap and water.  Mix it up and grab a straw... and blow bubbles!  That's right, blow bubbles (please be sure not to drink from the straw) until the bubbles rise up enough so you can gently dab your Basic White cardstock onto the bubbles.  The design is different each time.
If it isn't dark enough, add more re-inker.  And you can keep blowing bubbles until you get the desired effect.
While you have everything out for this technique, why not make several more to use for other projects?

Let me know if you give this a try and how you like it.

Inside the card is a thin strip of the bubble burst cardstock adhered onto Basic White cardstock and another single flower.

The envelope flap was stamped using the same flower as well.


Thanks so much for stopping by today.

I hope you will give the "bubble burst" technique a try.


Don't forget to subscribe to my blog and receive an email notification of each new post.

Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.