Saturday, October 22, 2022

Stampin' Up! Perched in a Tree Metallic Leaves Card




I wasn't quite sure which stamp set to use for this sketch, and finally decided on the Stampin' Up! Perched in a Tree bundle along with Gingham Cottage DSP.

For the card base I chose Basic White cardstock with a layer of the Brushed Metallic cardstock and then Gingham Cottage DSP.

The DSP was also adhered on the envelope flap.

The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! Color & Contour stamp set stamped with Memento ink.  The embellishments are Rustic Metallic Dots, which I thought matched perfectly with the metallic cardstock.

The circle was die cut from the same Brushed Metallic cardstock using the Layering Circles Dies. 

The branch was stamped using Crumb Cake ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock, die cut and adhered slightly over the circle. 

The leaves were die cut from Copper Sheets & Brushed Metallic cardstock and layered behind the branch and on top of the branch around the bird.

In the Aspen Tree Dies set, there is a die that I wasn't sure what to do with, but I knew I wanted to use it on my card.  After playing around with it, I decided it looked pretty cool die cut from the metallic cardstock and layered on top of the circle to add some dimension and kinda looks like a thick bunch of leaves behind the bird.  

You can see it better in the next photo.

Trying some different colors, I used Crumb Cake, So Saffron and Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends markers to color the bird, then die cut and adhered with dimensionals.

Inside my card is DSP layered with Basic White cardstock.  I stamped the dotted image in the upper corner and a partial image of the bird in the lower corner using Memento ink for both images.



Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card.

Happy crafting!


Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.


8 comments:

  1. Your card is both beautiful and tranquil for this season..All you have chosen to do works well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this! That bird is so pretty, and your details are delightful! Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall card. I like the texture behind the bird. Excellent coloring. Thank you for joining at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto - ALL of the above! Your card is so very pretty with all your (die cuts, texture metallic etc) gorgeous details!! Thank you so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches - so glad to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY! I have no other words for this card. Bellisimo! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.