Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch Challenge #564

 Switching gears from a Christmas card made yesterday to a Halloween card for today!

Try Stampin' on Tuesday has a Sketch Challenge (#564) which ends on July 24th, so I thought I would play along.



Here's what I created using the Best Witches stamp set along with Gingham Cottage DSP.
I also used Watercolor Pencils and Water Painters to color the stamped images.
I chose Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla Cardstock for my card, along with the new Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper.

Using the Water Painters and ink from Pumpkin Pie, I splattered ink onto the circle.
The cute little witch was adhered with dimensionals.
Not my best at using Watercolor Pencils & Water Painters, but hopefully the more I play along with these techniques, I just may get a little better!
Yes, I did have to fussy cut the witch and frog.  There are no dies that come with this stamp set.

I was hoping to capture the embossed Very Vanilla cardstock.  The Splatters Embossing Folder was used which comes in a combo pack called Stripes & Splatters.
The cute little frog sits on the banner with dimensionals.

The banner tucks under the circle with liquid adhesive and a dimensional at one end.

Inside the card I layered Very Vanilla cardstock over Gingham Cottage DSP.  The frog image was stamped with Memento ink.

The frog image was also stamped on the front of the envelope and I used DSP for the envelope flap.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope my card inspired you to create a card.



Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin.  You won't want to miss out on the August kit.
See all the info here.


Join my team and become a demonstrator!  Now, during Sale-A-Bration, is the perfect time to join because Stampin' Up! is offering a promotion for July & Aug only, in addition to your Starter Kit, you will receive a FREE Planner along with additional goodies.




The Stampin' Up! Kits Collection has a NEW kit available.
To order "The Best Remedy Kit" click here.


July is World Watercolor Month.
Here's a Stampin' Up! video describing several techniques.
Give them a try... leave me a comment which you tried and which you like best.



Products used:


5 comments:

  1. This is O cute, Polly - such a perfect little Halloween card! These colors are perfect, fun papers, and I can't get over that little frog perched on the sentiment! Sneaky! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked my card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polly, what a fun card you've created using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! Love all the little details you incorporated, including the plaid panel on the card, and matching envelop flap!! Thank you for sharing your little witch and her frog friend with us, as well as the great job you did coloring them!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card! Great job on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.