Monday, July 25, 2022

Sketch Challenge at Paper Players #601 & TP Technique

It's time for another challenge at The Paper Players!

Here's the sketch for this week:



I couldn't wait to use the TP technique for this card!  And added a twist by "coloring" the TP!
How cool is that?

This is my card:
I chose Basic Black cardstock for my card base and used Rustic Harvest DSP.
This beautiful leaf is from Soft Seedlings stamp set from Stampin' Up!
The TP was embossed using the Twigs & Sprigs Embossing Folder.

The leaf was stamped with Daffodil Delight ink on the envelope front as well as the flap.

To stamp the leaf image, I used blending brushes and ink pads to color directly onto the stamp, mixing them up in the process, to create a unique color.

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed using White Embossing Powder.  I fussy cut around the sentiment before adhering with dimensionals.

Now for the TP technique!  First, I have to tell you where I got this awesome technique from.  I registered for the Creativate Summer 2022 Retreat this past weekend.  This is a team of four awesome Stampin' Up! members who hold these retreats four times each year.  The techniques and fun folds are amazing!  Look them up and when registration opens up in September for the October Retreat, you have to sign up!

Ok, so, first of all, protect your surface area and lay down a paper towel.  Get out your TP.  Tear off two squares and lay it on the paper towel.  Add another strip.  Then mist with water.  Mist it enough so that it's wet, but not dripping.  Add another layer of TP, mist it, then add the final fourth layer of TP and mist that as well.
Lay the TP onto the embossing folder of your choice.  Fold a paper towel in half and lay it on top of the TP.  This helps to soak up the excess water.
Run it through your emboss machine, open up your folder and peel off the paper towel.  Here's your embossed TP!  Trim off the excess that didn't get embossed.
Lay it flat to dry completely.
While you're at it, make a bunch of these, using various embossing folders, let them dry and you will be ready for your next project!

But, I went one step further.  I wasn't sure how this would work, but I really wanted to add some sort of color to my embossed TP.

I used one of the Decorative Masks and got out my blending brushes and started "coloring" the TP!
I love how it turned out!

The leaf was stamped on the inside of the card on Basic White cardstock.  I did add a layer of DSP under the white.


I hope you enjoyed my card for today!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Please let me know if you gave this technique a try!  I would love to hear all about it!


Shop my online store.

Products used: 


6 comments:

  1. Polly I loved reading the detail of your TP technique - I haven't done this in ages! The stepped up version with the addition of blended colour and stencils is fabulous - so effective! he background highlights your cut leaf beautifully. A marvellous card! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed my card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polly, this is so gorgeous! I love leaves and this one is a beauty! This background is marvelous! Just wow! I never knew about this amazing technique! I love how you added the color with the sponges! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fall-feeling card! That background is amazing and so is your pretty leaf! Thank for you playing with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.