Saturday, July 23, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches & Coloring Vellum Technique

 It's time for another challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.

This week features a Sketch Challenge #545


I wasn't sure about this sketch until I watched the video from the Creativate 2022 Summer Retreat on FB.
The Creativate Team holds Retreats four times each year and the classes are simply amazing!  Sign up to receive notification of when the retreats will be and you will be notified when registration begins!

I love this technique!  I will definitely be making more cards using this awesome "Colored Vellum Technique!"

Here's what I created:
I started with the card base in Smoky Slate cardstock measuring 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2, then layered this beautiful Abigail Rose DSP at 5 1/4 x 4.  The three strips of cardstock measure 1 1/2 x 2 3/4.

The front of the envelope and flap were stamped with the flower image in Basic Gray ink, using the Cottage Rose stamp set.

There was too much "empty space" on the cardstock, so I added additional leaves at the bottom and top of the strips.

The vellum was first stamped with Versamark ink then heat embossed using White Embossing Powder.  Next comes the fun part!  Take out your Stampin' Blends and start coloring!  But... remember to FLIP OVER the vellum, so you will be coloring from the back.  It does look pretty messy from the backside, but when you flip it over, it's beautiful!

I used Rococo Rose Stampin' Blends for the flower and Old Olive for the leaves.
Then I used the Cottage Flower Dies to cut the images.
I placed the images where I wanted them then lightly made a pencil mark where to cut the vellum before adhering with a very light amount of liquid adhesive to the back.

Gray Granite ribbon was wrapped around the DSP and tied in a knot.  Elegant Faceted Gems were then added to the card to finish it off.
The sentiment was stamped using Basic Gray ink and adhered with a single dimensional along with liquid adhesive on the edge that overlapped onto the flower.

The flower image was stamped using Basic Gray ink onto Basic White cardstock measuring 5 1/4 x 4 and adhered inside the card.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card!



Products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.