Thursday, July 21, 2022

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge #393

 Another challenge for today at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
I have to say that this Color Challenge was truly a challenge for me.  It took me what seemed like forever to come up with an idea to use these colors together.

Here are the colors:

These colors are fabulous together!
This is what I came up with.  I'm happy with the results.  I hope you like it too!

It was hard to choose which color cardstock to use as my card base, but I finally decided on Highland Heather.
The next layer is Coastal Cabana, then finally Orchid Oasis DSP.  Another DSP was flipped over to reveal the striped side which was used as a strip on the left of the card.

The front of the envelope and flap were stamped with this beautiful smaller sunflower using Coastal Cabana ink.

Here's a closer look.  The image was stamped with Coastal Cabana ink and die cut.
Next, I die cut the outline of the sunflower using Orchid Oasis Glimmer Paper.  I loved how it gave the flower a beautiful shimmery effect.

Orchid Oasis Metallic ribbon was wrapped around the cardstock and tied in a bow.

I curled up the leaves every so slightly for a little dimension.

Here's a closer look at the beautiful Glimmer Paper!  Because the papers have an Ombre effect, I used the darker part to die cut the center of the sunflower. 


For the inside of the card I layered Orchid Oasis DSP over the card base and finished off with Coastal Cabana cardstock with the smaller sunflower image stamped using Coastal Cabana ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!




Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin and receive a beautiful little box full of goodies each month to create awesome cards or alternate projects.


To subscribe, you have several options to choose from.  See below.


Join my team and become a demonstrator.  Now is the perfect time to join, during Sale-A-Bration!  Along with your Starter Kit you will receive a FREE planner complete with all the goodies needed to keep on track with everything you schedule.




Sale-A-Bration is going on now!  During the months of July & Aug, get all the products you have on your wish list and receive FREE items from the Sale-A-Bration catalog when you spend $50, $100 or more!  How cool is that?

View the Sale-A-Bration catalog here.



View the July-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog here.


View the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog here.



Products used for today's card:


7 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Libby! Love your choices in your layers - so perfect - they really set each other off! And I love the sunflowers in our fun colors, so unusual and pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Libby! You really challenged yourself to use the colors and you did an awesome job! The way you used the dsp is gorgeous and I like how you used these fun colors to bring your sunflower to life! Thanks for joining the fun at hand stamped sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a fun challenge! :)

      Delete
  3. I love you used the Celebrate Sunflowers with our challenge colors. Great idea and beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Fun challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Glimmer Paper adds so much to your card color coordination choices. Sparkle and Sunflowers - lovely. Thank you for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool design! The glimmer paper is totally awesome and adds so much sparkle! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.