Monday, July 25, 2022

TP Technique & Coloring Vellum

 Have you ever tried the TP technique?

Well, I have never even heard of this technique until I registered for the Creativate Summer 2022 Retreat this past weekend!  It was so cool to watch.  
The Creativate Team holds Retreats four times each year.  It really is worth every penny!

So, after watching the live, I had to get out my TP (toilet paper) and try it on all my embossing folders!

You'll be seeing this technique pop up every now and again, because I just love it!

This card was created for the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.  This week is a Sketch Challenge #479.  Anyone who knows me, knows how much I LOVE sketches!



Here's my card.

I began with the card base in Basic White.  Next, I layered Happy Forest Friends DSP and another layer of the same DSP.  Sarah Sand cardstock was embossed using the Twigs & Sprigs Embossing Folder and adhered on the left side.
I then layered the embossed TP.

For this technique, start by protecting your surface.  Layer two squares of TP one on top of another and mist with water.  Mist it enough to get it all wet, but not dripping wet.  Add another layer and mist and the final fourth layer and mist that.
Pick it up and put it on your embossing folder.  Add a piece of paper towel, folded in half over the TP and close the embossing folder and run through your machine.
Peel off the paper towel, which acts as an absorbent and soaks up the excess water.
Trim off the excess TP and set it on a flat surface to dry completely before using.


The envelope image was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink.

For my card, I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to trim around the embossed and dried TP to give it a nice clean edge.  I used the Fern 3D embossing folder on the TP.

The next technique was the Coloring Vellum technique.  Many many of you have tried this, but it was new to me and so totally fun!
You'll be seeing more of this technique on my future cards as well.

The image was stamped on Vellum using Versamark and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.
Flip over the image and start coloring with Stampin' Blends.  It doesn't look the greatest on the backside, but when you flip it over, it's like magic... it's beautiful!
The images were die cut with the Gnomes Dies.
Stampin' Blends used: SU800, Ivory, Orchid Oasis, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Tahitian Tide, Bronze and Calypso Coral.

Here's a closer look at the embossed TP and the stitched edges.

Linen thread was wrapped around the card and tied in a knot.  The sentiment was stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock using Bermuda Bay and tucked just under the Gnome.


The Stitched Rectangle Die was used on Basic White for inside the card and the image stamped using Bermuda Bay ink.

Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you enjoyed my card and I've inspired you to give the TP technique and/or the Coloring Vellum technique a try!



Products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.