Friday, July 29, 2022

CAS Colours & Sketches #480 Friend Card

The card I'm sharing today is a "clean and simple" card for the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #480.

I got out Blending Brushes and Sponge Daubers and had some fun, while hopefully keeping the card simple enough.

 

This is what I created:
I started by creating the long rectangle using Masking Paper from Stampin' Up! and adhered this to the card.  With Blending Brushes and Night of Navy ink, I started very dark on the left and slowly worked my way to the right, keeping the shading lighter by the time I reached the point.  When I finished, I simply and carefully peeled off the masking paper.

Next, I embossed the card and using the Daubers, ever so lightly, went along the edges of the embossed cardstock.

In these next photos you can see how I started blending darker and gradually went lighter.
The flowers were cut from Hues of Happiness DSP using Blossoming Happiness Dies.

The pink flower was adhered directly onto the card and the larger flower and leaves were adhered with dimensionals.

The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy ink using Happiness Abounds stamps and fussy cut around it then used Sponge Daubers to go around the edges so it stood out more.
I finished off the card by coloring the Pearl Basic Jewels using Night of Navy Dark Stampin' Blends before adding them onto the card.

For the inside of the card I stamped the image in Night of Navy and adhered with liquid adhesive.

I hope you enjoyed my card for today!

Thanks so much for stopping by!





Join my team and become a demonstrator.


Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin.  The August kit is going to be SO fun!

Several ways to subscribe:
OR
Prepaid subscriptions (see the chart below)


There's a new Kit in town from the Stampin' Up! Kits Collection!


Products used for today's card:


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! The embossing adds a lot of interest without distracting from the pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Remember to keep it clean and simple with lots of unaltered space on your creations! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.