Monday, July 25, 2022

Blooms & Butterflies AUGUST Color Challenge

 Each month, the Blooms & Butterflies Team has a Color Challenge.  Members of Brandy Cox's team get to participate.

For the month of August, these are the colors: 


This is such a pretty color combo!  Here's my card.

I began with Coastal Cabana cardstock for my card base.  I embossed the front of the card using Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.  I angled the Polished Pink and Daffodil Delight cardstock and layered, leaving a tiny strip of the Polished Pink, for a little more interest on my card.
The Daffodil Delight was embossed using the Pretty Flowers Embossing Folder.

The image on the envelope was stamped using Coastal Cabana ink.
I used the Splendid Thoughts Stamps & Dies.

I really wanted to use a thinner ribbon, so I pulled out the Polished Pink Open Weave ribbon and cut a thin strip just enough to wrap around the vellum and tie in a bow.

To create these pretty leaves/flowers, I used the Coloring Vellum technique.  I stamped the images with Versamark and heat embossed using White Embossing Powder.  I flipped the images over and colored using Stampin' Blends and since I didn't have the Polished Pink Stampin' Blends, I used my Stampin' Write Marker.
The the leaf behind the colored images, I die cut the image and flipped it over and colored using Coastal Cabana.
I finished off my card by adding 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds.

The sentiment was stamped on Coastal Cabana cardstock using Polished Pink ink and adhered with dimensionals.

For the inside of my card the Daffodil Delight cardstock was stamped with Coastal Cabana ink.



Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you enjoyed my card for today!




Products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.