Tuesday, July 19, 2022

July is World Watercolor Month!

 Did you know that July is World Watercolor Month?

To help celebrate, I thought I should create a card using Watercolor Wash technique and Emboss Resist.

I'm no expert at watercoloring, but at least I tried, right?  Using the Kindest Gnomes Stamps & Dies made it a bit more fun!

I started out with the basic card base using Pool Party at 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2.
I used Shimmery White cardstock for watercoloring, which was adhered using dimensionals.

These Gnomes are adorable, don't you agree?  If you don't have this collection, then you should add it to your list!  You won't regret it and you will have so much fun creating with them!
I also stamped a Gnome on the envelope using Pool Party ink.

I started off by stamping the mushroom home with Versamark ink and embossed using White Embossing Powder.
This cute Gnome was die cut from the DSP.  It really doesn't get any easier than that!  Best part... I didn't have to color him!
Then I die cut the mushrooms and grass with So Saffron, Pale Papaya & Mint Macaron and adhered onto the card.  One mushroom and the Gnome was adhered with dimensionals.

Next, using my Water Painters and ink from my ink pads, I "washed" the brush across the Shimmery White cardstock, lightly, until I got the desired color shade.
I used the heat tool to speed up the drying process, then wrapped Pool Party Sheer Ribbon around the card and tied in a knot.  I also added White Baker's Twine around the knot and tied in a bow.

A closer look at the cute little Gnome mushroom home, embossed with White Embossing Powder.
The embellishments are from the For Everything Fancy - Blue Collection.  How fun are these!  They really jazz up a card!


Inside the card is pretty simple, but still cute, with the image stamped in Pool Party ink in the lower corner on Basic White at 4 x 5 1/4.

Here is a short video on different watercolor techniques that you might want to give a try.
Leave me a comment below which you tried and how you liked it.
I would love to hear all about it!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you enjoyed my card!


Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin.  You're going to love the August kit!
Here's a sneak peak of what's coming:


Join my team and become a demonstrator.  Between July and August Stampin' Up! is offering a promotion if you sign up during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive this beautiful Planner with all the goodies shown below:





Products used for today's card:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.