Friday, November 11, 2022

Season's Greetings Christmas Card




I used several Stampin' Up! Stamp sets and dies to create my card.  Distressing is something I often forget about... mainly because the DSP is so pretty and I love showcasing all the beautiful papers.  Additional layers were added as well.

I began with a Basic White cardstock card base.  I added an additional layer of the Boughs of Holly DSP.

The cardstock is Shaded Spruce.  I began with a piece measuring 4 x 5 1/4 and misted the cardstock with water, enough so that it began to soak through to the other side.  Then I crumpled it in a ball, opened it up and did it again.  A bone folder was also used, but I didn't really like this effect, so I crumpled it up again.  When I opened back up for the third time, I began working the cardstock with my fingers, making creases, folding in the corners and distressing along the edges.  When I liked how it looked, I set it aside to dry.
Once dry, I brushed Wink of Stella over the cardstock which highlighted the raised edges.

Gold Trim was added under the sentiment which was stamped using the Stampin' Up! Leaves of Holly stamp set, die cut and adhered with dimensionals.  The embellishments are Festive Pearls.

The flower was cut from the gorgeous DSP.

Under the flower the die cut was created using the Scary Silhouettes Dies.  I die cut another using the Gold Glimmer Specialty Paper which was cut in half and adhered on each end of the die cut, and finally adhered with dimensionals.

The sprigs were die cut from the Holly Berry Dies using Soft Succulent cardstock and tucked under the flower image.  Gold Holly Leaves were tucked under the flower as well near each of the sprigs. 

To offset such a white color around the edges of the front of the card, using my blending brush and Shaded Spruce ink, shaded the edges all around the card.

Inside my card is DSP layered with Basic White cardstock.  Using my blending brush and Shaded Spruce ink, I lightly brushed along the edges for a shading effect.

The sentiment and leaf images are from Merriest Moments stamp set using Real Red ink for the sentiment and Soft Succulent ink for the leaves.

The DSP was also used on the envelope flap.


Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my Christmas card.


Remember to subscribe to my blog to receive an email notification with each new post.

Follow me on PinterestInstagram and my Facebook Business Page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.