Thursday, August 18, 2022

You Gnome Me So Well Color Challenge Card

 I just can't seem to push this stamp set aside!  It seems to be the one I reach for a lot lately!
And when I saw this Color Challenge at Sunday Stamps (#289), I couldn't resist making a fall-themed Gnomes card!  I was inspired by the colors as well as the mushrooms... and the Kindest Gnomes Stamp set has mushroom die cuts!  Win, win!


Don't you just love these fall colors?  It definitely caught my eye!

Here's my creation:
I did my best to match the colors in the photo above, using my Stampin' Up! cardstock.
The card base is Early Espresso and the next layer is Crushed Curry.  The Crushed Curry cardstock was embossed using Into the Clouds embossing folder.

The cute little Gnome was stamped with Early Espresso on the front of the envelope and the envelope flap was embossed with Into the Clouds folder.


So fun die cutting all these bits and bobs to create the Gnome and mushrooms!
I used Cajun Craze cardstock for the Gnome hat and mushroom.  Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie cardstock was used for the other mushrooms.  The stems were die cut using Soft Suede.
The sentiment was stamped with Early Espresso.  Baker's Twine was wrapped several times around my fingers and adhered under the sentiment, then adhered with dimensionals.  The Gnome & mushrooms were also adhered with dimensionals.  The mushroom stems were adhered with liquid adhesive.

Pearl Basic Jewels were colored with Cajun Craze Stampin' Blends.
The mushroom die cut was colored using Cajun Craze and Soft Suede Stampin' Blends.

The inside of the card is simple, with the cute Gnome image stamped in Early Espresso in the lower corner.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you enjoyed my card and that it inspires you to create your own masterpiece!


Only a couple more weeks for my AUGUST INCENTIVES!  Keep reading to find out more.

#1 - Subscribe to my Blog.  If 10 people subscribe during the month of August, your names will go into a drawing and you could be the lucky winner of this prize.

Detailed Dahlias Dies (retired)
These dies coordinate with Dahlia Days Stamp set.  Check out the beautiful detailed die that can be used as a background on your projects.  You could use a watercolor technique under this die.  You can also use the flowers as stand alone dies as well.

Subscribe and get email notifications each time I post a new project.

ONE lucky winner will be announced on September 2nd, right here on my blog, so keep checking back.

** If I don't reach my goal of 10 subscribers, then this prize goes away.  :(

BUT, I will have another incentive for September!


*****************************************

#2 - Shop my online store and when you place an order of $50 with me, you will receive these beautiful Glimmer 12 x 12 Specialty Papers (2 of each color)FREE from me as a Thank You!

Christmas is just around the corner and just think of all the beautiful projects you can create with these papers!


Shop my online store now!

** Please leave me a comment below letting me know that you placed an order so I can get your free gift mailed out the following month.


****************************************

Did you know that MORE ITEMS have been added to the Sale-A-Bration offering?  This is only available for the month of August, while supplies last.

With every $50 or $100 increments, you can earn FREE items from the catalog as well as the items below.

 ** Please note, the item numbers are different from the current catalog.
The yellow dots indicated free with $50 purchase and the Soft Succulent dots indicates free with $100 purchase.


Timber 3D Embossing Folder #163094
Flowers of Home Dies #163095
Silver Foil 12x12 Specialty Pack #163096
Gingham Embossing Folder # 163097
Dots & Spots Die #163098
Daffodil Dies #163099
Seashell 3D Embossing Folder #163100
Kraft Gift Boxes #163101
Aspen Tree Dies #163112
Brushed Metallic 12x12 Cardstock #163103



*****************************************************

Stampin' Up! has new kits available from the Kits Collection!

Order "The Best Remedy Kit" here.


Order "All is Cozy & Bright Kit" here.

Here are a few ideas to hopefully spark your interest and purchase the "All is Cozy & Bright" kit:

As well as creating the cards as suggested in the kit, I also went rogue and created a few alternates.

Since I love the Gnomes so much, I decided to add this cute girl and her Gnome house on one of the cards.  I cut the front of the card to mat onto Poppy Parade cardstock.  I colored the images with coordinating colors from the kit.  The envelope flap was embossed using the Wintry 3D Embossing Folder.

The background for this card is PERFECT for this cute little bird!  I adhered the branch and bird, as well as the sentiment, with dimensionals.  I added some Linen Thread behind the sentiment.

A koala... why not?  He looks so cute on this card background!  I layered the gold ribbon behind the image and adhered with dimensionals.

Here's another option for the bird.  I cut the card front to fit the Poppy Parade cardstock base and then cut it in half.

And my final card was created pretty much the same as the card above by cutting the front of the card in half and adhering onto Poppy Parade cardstock.  The bottom portion of the Poppy Parade was embossed with the Wintry 3D embossing folder.  Then I created the card the same as in the kit, adding the orange slices, flowers and cinnamon sticks.  Mmmmm, can't you just smell all those lovely smells at Christmastime?

Did I entice you to purchase this kit?  Not only are you creating beautiful cards, but you are getting a headstart on Christmas cards!  Why not buy TWO kits?  The more cards, the merrier!

Order "All is Cozy & Bright Kit" here.


See ALL kits in the Kits Collection.


**********************************************

JOIN MY TEAM and become a demonstrator!


This is the LAST month of Sale-A-Bration and Stampin' Up! is offering a HUGE PERK to JOIN NOW!

For $99 you will get a customized Starter Kit with $125 worth of products PLUS all the Business Supplies to help you get started.  Free Shipping on your Starter Kit.

PLUS an exclusive Sale-A-Bration offer:
The Making Plans Collection Planner - which includes the beautiful Planner, all the insides, a trio of notebooks and a stamp set.


Only available for the month of August!

Why wait - JOIN NOW!


****************************************************

Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin!  The August Kit looks awesome and you won't want to miss out on a cute little box delivered each month with everything you need to create beautiful cards or alternate projects.



Or become a Pre-Paid Subscriber (see chart below).


Here's a sneak peak of the September Kit!  Ohhhhh.... looks a little Spooky... and a little FUN!


*******************************************

October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register.


World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!

Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!
Remember, you must register to play along!


***************************************

Product Supply List


3 comments:

  1. Your gnome card is a fantastic take on our IN THE WOODS color challenge!! I love it!! The creative blend of the detailed mushroom home and the just die cut gnome...sweet!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Polly - your little gnome is perfect for our challenge with his toadstool house! So fun! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way too cute! Love the gnome, perfect way to use those colors! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.