Saturday, August 27, 2022

Elephant Parade Shaker Card

 Happy Saturday to you all!

Just a quick note to let you know that I have stepped down from being a demonstrator with Stampin' Up!... but only for a few months.  This was a decision I struggled with for a couple of months and finally just decided "to do it" and move forward.  By the new year, I plan to be back in full swing!

In the meantime, I will continue to participate in various online challenge sites using Stampin' Up! products to keep my blog active and hopefully gain a few more followers and/or subscribers.

This cute shaker card was created for Freshly Made Sketches #550.

This is the sketch to follow:


And here's what I created:
I love these bright colors from Stampin' Up! Celebrate Everything DSP.
I used Basic White cardstock as my card base, since there are enough colors going on in the DSP.

As you can see, all three layers were adhered with foam adhesive strips, since that is what I had to use for the shaker portion of the card.

The envelope flap was covered with this fun, bright DSP as well.

The images are from Elephant Parade stamps and Elephant Dies.  Such a super cute stamp set to play with!  After stamping the images with Memento ink, I grabbed my Stampin' Blends and began coloring!  I used Polished Pink for inside his ears, Gray Granite for the elephant, Granny Apple Green for the leaves and for the balloons I used Daffodil Delight, Pool Party & Polished Pink.
The sentiment was stamped with Polished Pink.

I chose a "calmer" DSP to adhere behind the sequins.  Those pretty sequins are For Everything Fancy, the pink collection.  I used one of the squares from Stylish Shaped Dies as the window for the sequins.  A window sheet was adhered directly behind the polka dotted DSP.  Foam adhesive strips were then added behind that, adding the sequins and then adhering it to the background DSP.

The elephant, sentiment and two of the balloons were adhered with liquid adhesive.  The Polished Pink balloon was raised up using a dimensional.

For inside the card I added a thin strip of DSP along the right and stamped the elephant image in the lower corner.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
I hope you enjoyed my card.



Leave a comment if you enjoyed my card.  I love reading your comments!


6 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love how colorful it is and the shaker is an extra fun touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bright, fun colors! Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the idea of the shaker window. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.