Friday, August 5, 2022

Stamp Happy Academy August Challenge - Shaker Card

Happy Friday everyone!

It's yet another hot day in North Carolina... and I'm loving it!

For today's project, I made a shaker card!  That's right, this is only my second try at making these and they're really not that difficult to make, but I'm always brushing it aside.  Today, I decided to jump in and have some fun!

Shaker cards are really fun to create!  The possibilities are endless!

I created this card for the Stamp Happy Academy August Challenge on Facebook.
For those of you who are not familiar with Stamp Happy Academy... it's a membership site filled with so much inspiration with fun and creative videos!  It's so worth the investment.

So... here is the August Challenge.


And here is my shaker card.

I decided on a Basic White cardbase and the DSP is Awash in Beauty.
I stamped the greenery image using Granny Apple Green directly onto the DSP.

I put a piece of Tear n Tape 3/4 up on the card and attached a piece of plastic that comes with the photopolymer stamp sets, leaving enough on all three sides to fold under the DSP.
I flipped the card over and added Tear n Tape on three sides but only folded back two sides with the plastic, leaving one side open to add the sequins.  Add the amount that suits you and seal it, snipping the corner edges that stick up.

The flower image is from Colors & Contour Stamps, inked with Balmy Blue.  The sentiment was also stamped with the same ink and die cut using Scalloped Contours Dies.
The flower image was adhered with Liquid Adhesive on the stem and dimensionals were used on the flowers.  The sentiment was adhered with liquid adhesive.

Ribbon was wrapped around the card and adhered in place with glue dots.  A tiny strip of the same ribbon was cut and tied in a knot around the ribbon.

The first layer is DSP then layered with Basic White.  The same greenery image was stamped in the lower corner using Granny Apple Green.  DSP was also used on the envelope flap.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
I hope you enjoyed my shaker card.



AUGUST INCENTIVES:

#1 - Subscribe to my Blog.  If 10 people subscribe during the month of August, your names will go into a drawing and you could be the lucky winner of this prize.

Detailed Dahlias Dies (retired)
These dies coordinate with Dahlia Days Stamp set.  Check out the beautiful detailed die that can be used as a background on your projects.  You could use a watercolor technique under this die.  You can also use the flowers as stand alone dies as well.

Subscribe and get email notifications each time I post a new project.

ONE lucky winner will be announced on September 2nd, right here on my blog, so keep checking back.

** If I don't reach my goal of 10 subscribers, then this prize goes away.  :(


*****************************************

#2 - Shop my online store and when you place an order of $50 with me, you will receive these beautiful Glimmer 12 x 12 Specialty Papers (2 of each color), FREE from me as a Thank You!

Christmas is just around the corner and just think of all the beautiful projects you can create with these papers!


Shop my online store now!
** Please leave me a comment below letting me know that you placed an order so I can get your free gift mailed out the following month.


*******************************************

Products used for today's card:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.