Monday, August 29, 2022

Hues of Happiness Birthday Card

 Seize the Birthday Sketch #245.  Here's the card I made for this weeks' challenge.
Who doesn't need birthday cards?
I'm always needing birthday cards, and found this challenge a perfect way to get another card made, so I will always have some on hand to mail out.





I used Stampin' Up! Hues of Happiness DSP along with Charming Sentiments stamps & Dies and Wonderful World stamp set.

My card base is Granny Apple Green cardstock with several layers of Hues of Happiness DSP.

Using a scrap of DSP, I added it onto the envelope flap, because I'm not a fan of "naked" envelopes any longer!  I used to send my cards in plain envelopes, but after being with Stamin' Up! for several months, I really love to decorate my envelopes with stamps and DSP on the flaps.

The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! Charming Sentiments, stamped with Granny Apple Green ink and die cut from Sentiment Silhouettes Dies.
For the embellishments, because a card isn't truly complete without embellishments, I added Glossy Dots Assortment.

The beautiful rose image is from Stampin' Up! Wonderful World stamp set, inked with Granny Apple Green.  I layered this onto DSP and adhered with dimensionals.
White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon was wrapped around the card and tied in a bow.

For inside the card, I stamped off once to create a lighter flower image, using Granny Apple Green on Basic White cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

I hope I've inspired you to create a card and mail that card!





2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Polly! Great papers and image! Love the ribbon and that you carried the image inside! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your positive comments.