Thursday, August 25, 2022

Birthday Card Color Challenge

How do you feel about color challenges?
Do you like them?  Do you struggle with them?
Are they a start off point for your project?

I do struggle with color challenges at times.  It's strange how sometimes an idea comes to mind right away and then other times it may take days for me to come up with an idea, and if it takes that long, I simply toss it aside.  I guess that's why they are called "challenges" right!


For this Color Challenge at Global Design Project #357, the idea for this card came together rather surprisingly for me.  I hope you like it.

These colors are so pretty together!
Here's my birthday card:
The card base is Pool Party cardstock and the next layer is also Pool Party but die cut with the Stitched Greenery Die and adhered with dimensionals. 

The envelope was stamped with another floral image from the Blessings of Home stamp set.

The sentiment is from Paradise Palms stamp set, inked in Flirty Flamingo and adhered with a dimensional.

Tahitian Tide ribbon was looped a couple of times and added under the floral image.
I used Stampin' Blends in Flirty Flamingo, Tahitian Tide & Pool Party to color the image and adhered with dimensionals.  For embellishments, I added 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots in two different sizes on my card.

Since the Pool Party cardstock is a light shade, I didn't use Basic White inside the card and simply stamped the floral image using Pool Party ink.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I hope I've inspired you in some way to give color challenges a try!  You never know what you will come up with!


Leave me a comment below how you feel about color challenges!  I'd love to hear your ideas.


***********************************


There's less than a week left for my AUGUST INCENTIVES and Sale-A-Bration items!  Keep reading to find out more.

#1 - Subscribe to my Blog.  If 5 people subscribe during the month of August, your names will go into a drawing and you could be the lucky winner of this prize.

Detailed Dahlias Dies (retired)
These dies coordinate with Dahlia Days Stamp set.  Check out the beautiful detailed die that can be used as a background on your projects.  You could use a watercolor technique under this die.  You can also use the flowers as stand alone dies as well.

Subscribe and get email notifications each time I post a new project.

ONE lucky winner will be announced on September 2nd, right here on my blog, so keep checking back.

** If I don't reach my goal of 10 subscribers, then this prize goes away.  :(

BUT, I will have another incentive for September!


*****************************************

#2 - Shop my online store and when you place an order of $50 with me, you will receive these beautiful Glimmer 12 x 12 Specialty Papers (2 of each color)FREE from me as a Thank You!

Christmas is just around the corner and just think of all the beautiful projects you can create with these papers!


Shop my online store now!

** Please leave me a comment below letting me know that you placed an order so I can get your free gift mailed out the following month.


****************************************

October 1st is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY and Stampin' Up! is holding a FREE Creative Event.

WHEN: October 1, 2022 - 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (MT), 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm (ET)

WHERE: Online

PRICE:  FREE

REGISTRATION DATES:  Aug 11 to October 1st.

Click HERE to register.


World Card Making Day is about making beautiful, heartfelt cards.
During the event, we'll walk you through several projects, and you'll create the cards right along with us.  You'll end up with new project ideas and some stunning new cards!

Mark your calendars and join us for this FREE event!
Remember, you must register to play along!


***********************************************


Stampin' Up! has created SIX NEW DIES that coordinate with stamp sets in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog and the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog.

These dies are available September 1st through September 30th and only available while supplies last.

If you already have the stamp sets, you will now be able to purchase the coordinating dies separately as well!

Shop my online store and check out the new dies Sept 1st!

The Perfect Partners Bundles & Dies


  

 

 


Watch a short video from Stampin' Up! for more information about  the new dies coming September 1st.



********************************************

Product Supply List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your positive comments.